Let's talk about plagiarism.
Plagiarism is a form of cheating, theft or stealing, and deceit. When you plagiarize, you are:
- creating an opportunity for faculty and/or future employers to question your integrity and performance, which may lead to disciplinary actions.
- deceiving faculty who are evaluating your work.
- depriving another author due credit for his or her work.
- showing disrespect for your peers who put effort into doing their own work.
- denying yourself the opportunity to learn and practice skills that will be needed in your future education and career.
- eliminating the opportunity to receive feedback on improving your skills and performance and preventing your growth as a student and lifelong learner.